Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Changing Seasons, Kimono and Realities

By the old calendar of Japan, summer began on May 5th. We courtesans and apprentices of Shinmachi have already begun wearing our summer kimono and yukata. I personally have been aching to wear a bright red kimono I recently purchased from my favorite store. I have always found shopping to be cathartic, so after I learned the news below - I spent a good chunk of my reserve L$.

You may not have heard, but our home sim of Maruyama recently closed its doors. The sim was amazingly beautiful, but such are the realities of SL that RL finances often prevent the continuation of such splendor. From all of the various locations Shinmachi has called home in SL, the loss of this sim affected me the most.

Officially, our home is now Aosagi, in the Kurogawa Machi district near the Gion Kobu Hanamachi. Here, we have our teahouse, the Yukaku Ryukin, and a formal stage which was designed by the head of our kabuki program, Jinchi-san. We will continue to provide a home and RP area for oiran and tayuu in Second Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment